Click here to book online now
Get a quote
Request a free remote quote
house rewireEmersons Green
A Professional Rewiring Service
Rewiring a house isn’t the simplest of jobs – in fact unless you have the relevant skills and training, you should always leave it to a professional electrician. We provide a full rewiring service in Emersons Green, Bristol, Bath and surrounding areas to homeowners, covering everything from initial survey to the safe installation of new wiring. Whether you’re looking to extend your property or are considering moving into a house that’s more than 25 years old, let us put your mind at ease.
If the wiring in your house is faulty or you have a dangerous appliance, it could lead to fires or electrocution, so it is always best to be safe and have it checked out by a professional.
Click the link below, where you will be taken through a series of questions and asked to provide information which could allow us to build up a more accurate quotation remotely.
We now are using the latest technology to be more efficient saving you time and money!!
Why get your house rewired by us?
Download our FREE Guide - 8 Reasons Why You Would Benefit from a Rewire
Our guide covers the benefits of house rewiring, tell-tale signs that your home may need rewiring along with the consequences of what could go wrong if you have faulty or dangerous wiring.
Take a look at your free guide, 8 Reasons Why You Would Benefit from a Rewire today.
Hundreds of happy customers
Frequently asked questions
Let us answer your important questions
A: If a property hasn’t been rewired in the last 25-30 years, it will probably need upgrading, whether partially or fully, to ensure it complies with current safety standards. Given the sheer volume of electrical devices used in modern households compared to the 1980s and 90s, the existing wiring might be under strain from a high level of electricity usage, and could potentially be dangerous.
A full or partial rewire might also be required if you’re planning major renovation work that would be defined as a ‘material alteration’ by the Building Regulations. This will usually include an upgrade of the fuse board. In the case of room extensions and attic or garage conversions, any new wiring will need to comply with Part P (Electrical Safety) of the Building Regulations, and existing wiring in those rooms will also need to be improved to ensure it can safely carry additional loads; is earthed according to current requirements; and has satisfactory cross bonding. If you’re remodelling or extending, the wiring in the rest of your property won’t need upgrading unless required by the Building Regulations’ energy efficient requirements, e.g. central heating controls.
A: As an NICEIC Approved Contractor, you can rest assured that all work will be carried out with minimal disruption and in accordance with all relevant regulations and safety standards. Here’s a summary of what we do when rewiring a home:
- Fully assess the work required and provide you with a full quotation before we start.
- Check the existing connection to make sure it meets the correct legal requirements.
- Carry out the rewire, ensuring that we perform a full electrical safety test on all wiring.
- Test that the circuit and fuse board are functioning as they should.
- Check all sockets and power outputs to ensure they conform to current building regulations.
- Provide a copy of a rewiring certificate for electrical installation, detailing all the work required to make your property safe.
Our electricians treat every customer’s property like their own, using shoe protectors and dust mats where necessary, and always cleaning up once a job is complete.
A: Many UK homes have old electrical wiring and getting your home rewired is a great way of adding value and ensuring safe and reliable operation. Electrical rewiring costs will vary depending on some factors including:
- The size of your house (naturally a three bedroom house will cost more than a one bedroom flat).
- Whether the home is occupied during the rewiring (electricians will work faster in an empty property).
- The specification of fittings and fixtures you choose (stainless steel versus white PVC sockets etc.).
- The number of socket outlets etc. and other extras such as security lighting or outside power points.
- Where you live in the UK because of regional variances in contractor costs across the country.
- System in excess of 30 years.
- Old fusebox
- Old accessories
- Frequently Tripping fuses
- “Green slime” oxidation of cables
- Sockets mounted on skirting boards
- Black rubber cables
A: We have been rewiring homes for a long time so we have got the process off to a tee we can rewire homes in as little as 2-3 days depending on specification and size of the property. Typically it takes:
1 Bedroom 4-7 days
2 Bedrooms 5-8 days
3 Bedrooms 6-10 days
4 Bedrooms 1-2 weeks
5 Bedrooms 10-15 days
A: Prices range from £1900 – £3000 depending specification, on size and number of bedrooms.
A: Prices range from £2300 – £3500 depending specification, on size and number of bedrooms.
A: Prices range from £2900 – £4500 depending specification and size.
A: Prices range from £4200 – £7200 depending specification and size.