Click here to book online now
Get a quote
Request a free remote quote
For all-electric or hybrid cars
Electric Car Charging Points in Clifton
MJP Electrical can fit home charging stations for your all-electric or plug-in hybrid car at your home or work in Clifton, Bristol. What does this mean to you?
Check to see if you are eligable for the OLEV Grant, get a quote and book an installation by clicking the link below.
We are now using the latest technology to be more efficient, saving you time and money!!
Why get a home charging installation by us?
Download our FREE Guide - 7 Reasons to have a 'fit for purpose' EV charging point installed
Our guide covers the causes of electrical hazards and fires, tell-tale signs that your home may be at risk along with the consequences of what could go wrong if you have faulty or dangerous wiring or appliances.
Take a look at your free guide, 7 Reasons to have a ‘fit for purpose’ EV charging point installed today.
Hundreds of happy customers
Honest and very reasonably priced . Would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.Paul Brooks11/09/2019
Mark was great, very professional service. Thanks so much!Amy Carter5/06/2021
Mark and his team upgraded my consumer unit for me. Quick response, very tidy and professional. Only the best quality... read moreMatt Coombs5/26/2020
Oliver from MJP did an Electrical Installation Condition Report on an appartment that we are going to rent out. The... read moreHawkeye1517/14/2021
Great knowledge on call outRich King11/02/2020
Really impressed by the level of customer service.Abigail Wyatt-Smith6/22/2021
On Friday evening we decided to put up some shelves. We were very unlucky as we drilled through the cable... read moreBeata G11/09/2019
Very happy with the quick service when we were with no power, very friendly service at a reasonable price, ... read moreDavid Bleaden11/09/2019
couldn't recommend this company enough after a emergency call on a friday night they were here within minutes after my... read moreClaire Grady12/05/2020
Great service. I needed a lot of work done with a new house but unsure of exactly how much work... read moreLuke Stone12/26/2019
MJP electrical are a fantastic service. We have used them for several call outs at our home. Mark is a... read moreCynthia Mayo6/09/2020
Absolute pleasure to work with MJP. David turned up bang on time and talked me through the process and we... read moreWill Glossop5/06/2021
Mark was able to get the info he needed to quote me via a series of whattsapp pics and a... read moreNeil Biggs6/09/2020
Mark has done work for me on several occasions sometimes at short notice. Very professional and reliable service at reasonable... read moreMark Baber6/09/2020
Superb service, responsed. Quickly Efficient tidy job. Reasonable pricing. Highly recommendchris bullock11/09/2018
Great service would recommendShane Nurdin11/09/2019
Really good , professional work completed for our rewiring. Happily recommend MJP for electrical work.Chris Machin7/05/2021
Fast and professional serviceSimon M1/24/2021
Very good service, prompt and professional.Tim Rabone6/09/2020
Good service. Quick, flexible and made sure my property was safe.Chris Pawlowski8/09/2020
Great service and highly recommended. Had a few issues with electrics at our shop and was fixed quickly professionally and... read moreNatalia Molina Cardo8/16/2021
I enquired with MJP about a partial re-wire, they were very quick to respond and offer their professional advice where... read moreMichael Kempton11/09/2019
Very thorough, competent and trustworthyRosalind Evans6/06/2021
MJP did some electrical work in the garden, very efficient, good quality and decent price.Andrew Shepherd7/09/2020
Very pleased with Work carried out! Would highly recommend👍🏻Christian Hill11/02/2020
MJP recently did a complete house rewire for us and we cannot recommend them more! They transformed our house and... read moreEvan Price9/10/2021
A honest tradesmen who gets on with the job.Ryan Roberts6/09/2020
Excellent company and service.fozzyg636/06/2021
In preparation for a conversion I required the existing electrics all be cut off and a new board and temporary... read moreJo8/23/2021
Very quick reply to query and quote provided same day. Professional and friendlyKama Miller8/09/2020
Outstanding Bristol electrician he did a full rewire on my house. Professional and reliable and did a great job would... read morejames phillips6/09/2020
Work carried out efficiently and cleanly. Would use again.Rose Browning6/09/2020
Excellent service, prompt professional and quickly identified the problem. I’d definitely use them again.Matt Thompson7/09/2020
Very happy with the rewire of our house. After failing an inspection alot of work needed doing to get the... read moreS Hartley3/26/2020
Having bought an electric car and wishing to make full use of the charging at home. MJP Electrical were... read moreBob Smith7/09/2020
Great service from MJP. Really happy with a large domestic job they did for me. Professional & great value.Would highly recommend.Jenson&Lottie Spencer9/06/2020
Easy to deal with on time and on budget. Thank you!Leon Baker6/09/2020
Easy and professional, would recommendRobert McKersie6/09/2020
Fantastic service from start to finish, the team were very responsive, polite, knowledgeable and great value for money. Will 100%... read morekevin milton8/23/2021
Excellent service, clean professional work completed to a very high standard, polite attitude from engineers, received great communication all... read moreSusan Fenton11/02/2020
I was let down by an electrician just before I had a job to do and I contacted Mark and... read moresamuel rooke8/23/2021
MJP replaced my consumer unit with a new fully RCD protected one followed up with a full EICR along with... read moreGreg Chadwick8/30/2021
Really pleased with this company- everything was very smooth to book and the work was great and good value etc... read moreFi Abbey7/05/2021
Second time I have used MJP. I needed work doing urgently and they managed to sort it out, even though... read moreAnita K7/06/2021
Very polite, explained what he was doing as he went along. Neat and tidy and very punctual. Would highly recommend... read moreAlun F7/29/2021
Great service from MJP. Really happy with a large domestic job they did for me. Professional & great value.Would highly recommend.SpendogLottieLu 25116/09/2020
Called them up, they responded immediately and Jake popped around in under 2 hours and fixed my (quite complicated) problem... read moreMark Mason8/09/2021
David was friendly and professional throughout and gave us an honest assessment of the work required and the timescale it... read moreRichard O'Brien7/03/2021
Being a overseas landlord it’s really great and reassuring to have a very professional and reliable company like MJP Electrical... read moreSam Roach7/09/2020
The service provided was outstanding, very professional and the work was carried out to a high standard.I would highly recommend... read moreChris Taylor6/09/2020
Excellent service, quick to respond, professional would highly recommend.Alison Gapper6/09/2020
Mark provided an electrical installation condition report for a property I was purchasing. I was very happy with the... read moreDave Jones7/09/2020
Very efficient local and friendly serviceAmanda Randall8/23/2021
Areas we cover
Frequently asked questions
Let us answer your important questions
A: Installation varies but standard installation is around £350
A: The cost to charge an electric car in the UK varies between home, work and public charging. For a typical electric car with a 60kWh battery and ~200 mile range: Charging at home: Costs about £8.40 for a full charge.
A: To have a home charge point installed for your car you need to have:
1. Dedicated off-street parking,
2. Wi-Fi connection at your property or a SIM router with a 3G or 4G SIM (for Pod Point home chargers),
3. Permission from your landlord (if you’re renting),
4. Home in mainland Great Britain.
A: Time to charge an electric car can take as little as 30 minutes or up to 12 hours. The time it takes to charge depends on the size of the battery and the speed of the charging point. A typical electric car (Nissan LEAF 30kWh) takes 4 hours to charge from empty with a 7kW home charging point
A: The OLEV Grant, also known as Electric Vehicle Home charge Scheme (EVHS), provides £350 off the cost of purchasing & installing a home charging point and can be claimed on the majority of plug-in vehicles on today’s market. You can claim one charging per eligible vehicle and up to two charging points per household.
A: To qualify for OLEV’s EVHS grant, you need to have leased an eligible electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle for at least six months, or have purchased one on or after 1st October 2016 onwards. You must have off-street parking. You must install an OLEV-approved chargepoint.
- Faster home charging for your electric vehicle
- A wall fixed charging solution for your convenience; A future proofed installation allowing all makes and models to charge on the charge point
- Expert Installation by a fully-trained and certified MJP Electrician, for your peace of mind
- A 16/32 amp Charging Point that is universal for all vehicles, giving you faster and more convenient charging at home.
- Home suitability survey to enable your charging point installation with no hidden extras. Survey and standard installation* is undertaken by a fully-trained and certified MJP Employee prior to installation
- Installation of a dedicated circuit, separate from your home electrical circuit, allowing for faster and safer charging that won’t affect your home wiring
- The installation of an Earth Rod, to prove compliance with the Code Of Practice for Electrical vehicles and BS7671:2018.
- A competitive 3 Year OLEV enabled Charging Point Manufacturer warranty including Parts and Labour.
- Charging Point installed to BS7671:2018.
- The chosen WallPod Charge Point Tethered or Untethered
- A maximum run of 10 metres from the source of supply (consumer unit) to charge point (not including external containment or steel wire armour (SWA))
- The property’s consumer unit must be RCD protected and have a spare way for protecting the outgoing charge point circuit
- Cable to be surface mounted – clipped direct
- No ground works
- The property must have an earthing arrangement complying with current regulations or we will include the installation of an Earth Rod
- The property must have main protective bonding in place if required to the gas meter and water stop cock.
- The property must be able to support the addition of the new charge point to the existing supply cut out.
- The homeowner must comply with all current OLEV Domestic Scheme Terms and Conditions (see OLEV Website)
A: The typical cost for a home charge point and installation is approximately £1000. As part of its Electric Vehicle Homecharge scheme, OLEV currently offers applicants £350 towards this cost.
A: Average range £800 – £1200
A: All electric cars usually come with a standard charging cable (slow charger) which can plug into the car and a normal wall socket, via a domestic socket – the same kind you’d use to power a microwave or phone charger.
A: Office for Low Emission Vehicles
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) is a team working across government to support the early market for ultra-low emission vehicles (ULEV).
A: For most of us, a few times a year. That’s when you’d want a rapid charge of under 45 minutes or so. The rest of the time, slow charging is just fine. It turns out most electric-car drivers don’t even bother to plug in every night, or necessarily to fully charge.
A: To qualify for the plug-in car grant, you must be purchasing a brand new qualifying electric vehicle.
- Only certain plug-in vehicles are eligible for the grant.
- The vehicle must have an electric range of at least 70 miles.
- If plug-in hybrid, the vehicle must also have combined CO2 emissions of 50g/km or less.
- This means all major full battery electric vehicles (BEVs) qualify, but few plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) are eligible.
- To provide evidence of ownership of, or access to, a plug-in vehicle in order to be able to qualify for the governments subsidised funding scheme
- Off-Street parking
- Suitability of the proposed site for the installation services (the surveyor will advise on this)
- Permission from the homeowner or landlord if you don’t own the property
- If the Charging Point is to be located in a garage, the garage must be physically attached to the main building unless it has its own power supply with sufficient capacity to support your 16 amp or 32 amp rated charger
- You have not claimed for the OLEV grant prior to your application.